Arriving from Vilnius Bus Station/Vilnius Railway Station
To get to the Center for Physical Sciences and Technology (NFTMC) take the trolleybus No. 2 from the bus stop ‘Stotis (A)’, which is in front of the bus/train station. The ride should take about 30-40 minutes and then you should get off at the bus stop ‘Nemenčinės plentas’ or ‘Saulėtekis‘. Both bus stops are in a 5-minute walking distance from the Center for Physical Sciences and Technology (NFTMC) (see the map provided below).
Arriving from Vilnius Airport
If you are directly arriving from Vilnius Airport, there are two routes you can take:
- Take the bus No. 3G from the bus stop ‘Oro uostas’, which is in front of Vilnius Airport. Get off at the bus stop ‘Žaliasis tiltas’ and then take the trolley bus No. 10. Get off at the bus stop ‘Nemenčinės plentas’ or ‘Saulėtekis‘ and from there it’s a 5-minute walk to the Center for Physical Sciences and Technology (NFTMC) (see the map provided below).
- Take a train from a train stop, that is just by the airport to get to the train station. After arriving to the train station follow the instructions ‘Arriving from Vilnius Bus Station/Vilnius Railway Station’.
Timetables and tickets
Buses and trolleybuses
Bus/trolleybus timetables and routes can be found here. However, we recommend downloading an app called ‘Trafi‘ or ‘m.Ticket‘, which will be more convenient for navigating in Vilnius (‘Schedules by Traffi’ and ‘m.Ticket’ in Play Store and App Store).
You can purchase a single-ride ticket from the bus/trolleybus driver for 1 EUR (cash only). If you are a student of EU/EEA country, you can purchase a single-ride ticket for 0.5 EUR (in this case you must have an International Student Identity Card and your personal identity card for verification). The ticket is valid for one ride only, so you will need additional one-ride tickets when transferring busses. The ticket must be marked at a composter in a bus/trolleybus, to be valid.
Other types of tickets (30 minute, 60 minute, 1, 3, 5 or 10 days) are available for purchase in apps ‘Traffi’ (minimum purchase of 5 EUR/transaction) and ‘m.Ticket’ by adding your Mastercard or VISA credit or debit cards.
You can also purchase the ‘Vilnius Resident Card’ (‘Vilniečio kortelė”). You can buy it for 1.5 EUR at these places: ‘Narvesen’ and ‘Lietuvos spauda’ kiosks, ‘Maxima’ and ‘Rimi’ stores or at Customer Service Centers (one is located at Vilnius Railway Station). Once you purchase the card with your preferred ticket in it, you need to mark it at a composter in a bus/trolleybus, for it to be valid. You can find more information about the ’Vilnius Resident Card’ here.
Train tickets can be bought online here.
Train schedules can be found here.
For more information about Vilnius Railway Station visit https://ltglink.lt/en.
Open Readings does not provide accommodation for participants, so it is up to them to arrange it themselves. We suggest using booking.com to find a hotel that suits your needs the best.
Here are some accommodation suggestions in Vilnius:
- Old Town Trio Hostel (Raugyklos st. 15, Vilnius):
- Twin room with a shared bathroom: 38 €/night;
- Hotel Panorama (Sodų st. 14, Vilnius):
- Single room: 45-51 €/night;
- Double or twin room: 47-53 €/night;
- Stay Express Hotel (Vingrių st. 14):
- Single room: 50 €/night;
- Double room: 50-55 €/night;
- City Hotels Rūdninkai (Rūdninkų st. 15/46, Vilnius):
- Single room: 50 €/night;
- Double or twin room: 52 €/night;
- Best Western Vilnius (Konstitucijos pr. 14, Vilnius):
- Double room: 51-64 €/night;